Dear Friends of Sweden,
The past few weeks have been a time for listening and reflection. We firmly stand with the Black Lives Matter cause and condemn the injustices inflicted upon George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Mike Ramos, Ahmaud Arbery, Eric Garner, David McAtee, and countless others. It is also vital that we raise our voices and take action to fight for economic equality, equal opportunity & representation, and criminal justice reform.
Our past silence makes us complicit in the injustices that have been inflicted upon people of color and the LGBTQIA community for far too long. While our company is small, we feel it is our obligation to give back for all the privileges that have been afforded to us. We need to take accountability for any ignorance we’ve taken part in, and look at our own misses when it comes to equality and diversity.
To support this mission we plan to:
- Donate to Black Lives Matter and other organizations that are committed to causes like police reform and opportunity creation for BIPOC in the creative industry.
- Invest in diversity and sensitivity training for us and our team.
- Update and practice our company values and codes of conduct until we can be sure we have a positive and inspiring culture.
- Ensuring that our team members better represent the diversity in our society.
- Offer pro bono services to Black-Owned Businesses that are experiencing financial hardship due to Covid-19.
- Support our hard-working team by declaring Juneteenth a company-wide holiday, as well as encouraging more mental health days to reflect upon the current unrest in our country.
Leja, Richard and Alex